The next phase in the company’s journey is inspired by its rich heritage and focuses on accelerated growth, enhancing customer experience and positioning it as the undisputed leader in logistics of goods that deserve special care. The ambitious growth agenda is supported by an international Private Equity firm, since several years the majority shareholder in the company. The long heritage of the company is reflected within the strong and proud family like culture that has been built over the years. With a decentralized structure, the organisation has always been able to adapt and anticipate optimally on local needs and challenges. Currently, the company operates as a cohesive network generating revenue of €1.3bn with a team of 2,500 professionals, located in 90 countries, offering services and tailor-made solutions to help their customers’ business grow.
With the strong ambition and entering the next growth phase of the company there is an increasing need for professionalization and creating robust processes. As a result of this and in order to be able to add value to the ambitious goals, people need to be hands on, dedicated and fully committed. High levels of accountability and performance are imperative in reaching the company’s objectives.
** Director Group Finance & Business Control: role for a very ambitious and energetic financial who wants to deal with all aspects of Finance: Business Control, Financial Control, M&A, Tax, SSC, Integrations etc. Focus will be on improving output quality while driving efficiencies, leveraging the size and scope of the group’s organization. Furthermore, driving improved business analytics on the company performance **
To accelerate and activate the growth agenda we are looking for a highly ambitious and energetic Director Group Finance & Business Control. You will report directly to the Group CFO and will work closely with the Group CEO and the other Executive Committee members and the finance directors in the company.
1. Your focus will be on setting up (Group) Business Control / Intelligence, driving improved Business Analytics on the company performance and creating robust Financial Control, Reporting & Tax processes in a demanding and growing international organization. Focus will be on improving output quality while driving efficiencies, leveraging the size and scope of the group’s organization. You will be instrumental in driving the continuing set-up of the international Finance community together with the CFO and taking it to the next level.
2. You are focused on driving results and show strong feelings (e.g. urgency) about reaching targets, but also comfortable to challenge them and implement corrective actions if needed. In this role you manage an international team of 10 FTE (total finance team worldwide is 213 FTE). Most of the time you will be based in the offices in the Netherlands in both Haarlem and Rotterdam, alternating with frequent traveling to Mainz, where part of the finance team is based.
3. As a true sparring partner for Group CEO, Group CFO and Executive Committee, you bring the strategic thinking and brainpower to facilitate the successful implementation of the growth initiatives and the delivery of the (financial) results. Your focus will be to develop hypotheses or alternative scenarios of how critical issues will play out beyond the year and uses these to set challenging goals with a future payoff or outcomes.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• With Group Business Intelligence & Systems as well as the Business Controlling team, you will enhance internal and external management reporting and ensure consistency of finance systems and practices across the Group;
• You will define and drive efficiencies through a de-centralized organization while improving quality of delivery. Based on your support and guidance, the financial support to the organization will be enhanced to a truly valued business partner;
• You are end responsible for an efficient and timely preparation of consolidated monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements. Under your leadership, further quality improvements and acceleration of closing deadlines will be driven;
• You will participate in financial due diligence projects and support post-merger integrations in connection with the Group’s M&A strategy together with your teams;
• In close cooperation with Group Finance & Treasury, enhance all aspects of accounting of derivatives and financial instruments;
• You will prepare and drive the implementation of the tax strategy and ensure compliance with all relevant regulation (incl. appropriate transfer pricing documentation). From your responsibility you will be the lead contact for group and local auditors, as well as tax consultants;
• You are responsible for a solid dividend planning;
• You will provide strong support to the Internal Audit team by enhancing accounting practices within the Group;
• Also, you will support the Group CFO in several projects, included but not limited to M&A, Business Intelligence, Analytics etc.
Ideal candidate profile
We are looking to hire a candidate who has shown a steep learning curve is his or her career so far. Someone who continually is seeking more responsibility and has the clear ambition to expand upon their current accomplishments.
This rare opportunity is only for candidates who want to be part of a very fast growing, Private Equity owned company and feel that the objectives set out are a huge yet attainable challenge to them. And for this role there are different routes to be part of this challenging organisation:
1. Currently you are a senior manager/young partner in the fast track with a Big4 firm and you want to make a step to a business opportunity. Experience in the international practice and exposure to PE clients are vital to understand and keep up with the pace and ambition of the organisation.
2. You combine a RA qualification obtained within the international practice in a Big4 firm and made the step to a mid-sized, PE owed company. You consider this opportunity as a logical move in your career path in becoming a CFO for a larger PE owned organisation.
3. You combine a progressive finance career in an international company who has grown rapidly over the years with experience in a Private equity owned organisation. You have led international teams and know the dynamics of the size, complexity and pace of companies like this organisation. Ideally you combine experience in financial control, reporting and business control and intelligence from a CFO position of a Senior Finance role.
• 15 years+ experience in Control, Accounting & Reporting
• 10 years of experience in a Finance management position
• Master degree, Post Master degree RA/CPA/ACCA or equivalent
• You bring proven experience in the set-up, improvement and leadership of Group Finance teams within international groups with a decentralized set-up. You are able to leverage a networked organization, including having gained experience in multi-cultural remote-management;
• You have a minimum of 10 to 15 years of finance experience gained in an international environment, with more than € 1 billion revenue. Ideally in a logistics environment; Experience in a decentralized organisation is considered to be a plus;
• You are focused on driving results and show strong feelings (e.g. urgency) about reaching targets, but also comfortable to challenge them and implement corrective actions if needed;
• You collaborate easily as a team player that sets the program and timelines and engages the countries to deliver the required results;
• You are comfortable in conveying a financial message to all kinds of stakeholders, including the Executive and Supervisory Board;
• You influence by nature, adapting your approach to the audience, anticipating impact of words and actions, preparing for possible resistance and responding in an appropriate style, using a range of influencing styles;
• You have a can do no nonsense mentality; you are hands on, self-starting and like to get things done;
• You are entrepreneurial and resilient, and not the typical corporate character;
• You are willing to travel frequently and show a high intercultural competency;
• You are fluent in English.
competitive incl. STI and LTI