Our client is a private equity owned datacenter provider. The company consists of a fund that invests in high quality datacenter assets across Europe and an operating company, that manages and operates the datacenters. The company was established in 2015 and owns nowadays 8 locations across Europe. The company is quickly growing its portfolio and has an extensive pipeline of new mergers and acquisition (M&A) transactions within different European countries. The investment fund and the operating business of the datacenters are serviced from the head office in Amsterdam, where a team of professionals works hard to facilitate the growth. With an ambitious growth strategy, supported by their equity investors, the group will certainly double in EBITDA every two years.
Future CFO Profile
To facilitate the growth and further development of the company we look forward to meeting an ambitious and eager Future CFO who has the capacity to take ownership over the full finance, control and BI function of the operating business of the organization. The Future CFO reports directly to the board and shareholders and is a leader for the finance team (2FTE). You will play an important role in explaining the financial performance of the operating datacenters in line with the company strategy. In this role you can be sure that you will learn a lot of relevant topics like IT, telecom infrastructures, cyber security, real estate and all kinds of technical issues. And what to think of capacity and sustainability? With the further growth of the business you will develop into the CFO role of the operating company.
You are a master in visualising and reporting the company performance for both internal and external stakeholders. You set up finance business partnering (business control and business intelligence) and you increase the added value of the finance department for the business. Think of setting up analyses, dashboards and insights in commercial performance, costs and relevant benchmarks. Next to this, you take the responsibility for the full scope of control of the operating business: the consolidation and its overall compliance with external and internal financial accounting, treasury, reporting rules and regulations. You are also the main stakeholder for the banks with regards to the covenant and liquidity.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth and transition of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time and there will be room to work on challenging projects to further professionalize the finance department.
- Develop yourself into a full-fledged CFO;
- Set up the business control and business intelligence function for the company (implementation of PowerBI);
- Contribute to higher economic effectiveness by ensuring transparency of business results, finance, and processes;
- Manage the monthly financial close, consolidation and reporting process, provide guidance and support to the finance team in order to achieve continuous improvements through greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timelines of reporting to support the further evolution of the company;
- Establish and maintain accounting and reporting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with e.g. Dutch GAAP and tax norms;
- Preparing the annual report and coordinate the annual audit;
- Capex Control and cost control;
- Risk Management;
- Support diverse projects to professionalize the finance department and the cooperation with the business. For example:
- Support due diligence and post-merger integration processes;
- Harmonization, roll out and guidance of financial policies and procedures.
Ideal Future CFO candidate
We are looking looking for a hands-on, proactive, accurate and flexible professional with strong analytical skills and a solid accounting background. You take initiative and have the drive to actively contribute to the performance, structures and processes. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills and is a real team player.
- Academic degree in accounting, business administration or economics and a post graduate degree (RA/CPA or RC/CMA);
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a finance role in an international company (big 4 accountancy firm experience is a pre);
- Strong reporting skills and sound knowledge and experience of Dutch GAAP;
- Affinity with IT/automating processes and BI tooling (PowerBi knowledge is an advantage);
- Team player with excellent communication skills; Able to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Professional proficiency in Dutch and English, verbally and written.
What the organization offers:
- A challenging and varied role within a specialized PE owned Datacenter operator;
- To be part of a young and ambitious team aiming to develop a high-quality investment portfolio and supporting organisation;
- Independency and flexibility within your role;
- Informal and open culture;
- International mindset.