Our client is a multinational trading company based out of the Amsterdam area. The company has strong unique selling points within their specific expertise and is currently known as one of the fastest growing trading companies in the world. They have a strong focus on sustainability. The company is currently going through a time of transition and therefore there’s a need for a strong Finance Manager to join the team at the head office.
Finance Manager Profile
The Finance Manager NL position is a new role which will report directly to the Vertical Chief Financial Officer and with a dotted line reporting to the Vertical CEO. In this position you will be instrumental in setting up and improving the quality of the divisional (consolidated) financial reporting structure. This position works closely with the local finance team members and other country/ regional Finance Managers/Directors to ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting of financial information.
The Finance Manager should have the ability to set up a professional control structure. With his/her professionalism and experience he or she should act as a trusted senior at a time of further professionalisation of the vertical structure and further expansion of the organisation.
He or she will need to be a motivated self-starter who can operate at senior management level within this entrepreneurial organisation to make sure the finance function is delivering value at all times both to internal as external stakeholders. You will have close working relationships with Senior Managers, Global Head of Trade, CEO and the Head of HR.
- Key support to the CFO to implement the long term objectives of the global operations through sound financial management and control;
- Supporting key stakeholders of the business and Snr Management, including the CEO and Head of Trade;
- Management of the shared services team based in India to accurately manage costs and cost management;
- Further improve all transactional financial aspects at the SSC;
- Ownership of the financial functionality of the Dutch entity, including the relevant statutory responsibilities, including VAT and Corporate Tax;
- Management of accounting and bookkeeping staff;
- Taking ownership and leading the effort to produce high quality financial accounts and reports for the division, group and subsidiary companies;
- Ensuring the company complies with all IFRS requirements regarding financial reporting;
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly and annual reports, as well as checking the completeness and correctness of the submitted reports;
- Taking ownership of the Divisional (monthly) consolidation process and preparation of Financial Statements for both internal management and statutory purposes;
- Coordinate and communicate with the local (country) Finance Managers to ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting of financial information;
- Further improve all transactional financial aspects at the SSC in Bangalore (India);
- Implement processes to work towards a fully operational and professional Shared Service Centre for the Vertical with feasible Added Value;
- Developing and implementing best practice processes and systems across the Group;
- Technical accounting support to operating businesses if needed;
- Key point of contact for Group auditors and external stakeholders like Audit professionals, taking responsibility for the smooth running and timely completion of the Audit process;
- Prepare compliance certificates for banks;
- Work and analyse large data sets, advise on strategy;
- First point of contact for the Dutch Tax authorities.
Ideal Finance Manager Candidate
- Academic degree in business economics, ideally with a post graduate degree (RA, ACCA, CPA);
- 6-8 years’ experience in a finance role in an international company and/or in a big 4 accountancy firm;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and Dutch GAAP/IFRS experience;
- Advanced experience in Excel;
- Hands-on approach is essential to get things done, result focused;
- Strong analytical and problem analysis skills;
- Experience in working with large data-sets, work in a data driven environment;
- Accurate, able to work to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment;
- Self-starting attitude, always keen on improving standards;
- Enjoys working together towards a professionally structured environment. Likes the ‘start-up / set up’ phase;
- Ability to be either a pragmatic deliverer of results and/or a motivating coach as and when circumstances dictate, in an efficient and effective manner;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in Dutch and English;
- Strong knowledge of ERP, Navision;
- Participation in various (ad hoc) improvement projects;
- Has a strong connection with the company values: Integrity, Respect, Pursuit of Excellence, Meritocracy and Leadership.