Founded by Saskia Dijkstra in 2016, Extreme Cashmere is an innovative and creative fashion company that has taken the world of luxury knitwear to the next level. With a commitment to craftsmanship, sustainability and innovation, they have quickly become known as a pioneer in the high end fashion industry. Not following the traditional fashion cycle, but building an ongoing collection that is suitable for all seasons and all occasions.
Their clothing is genderless and unisize clothing, meant for everyone and everybody.
With a dedicated and talented team of 25 colleagues in the Netherlands and China they work hard to build on the Extreme Cashmere brand and growth. This, while enjoying the exquisite lunch and occasional dinners prepared by their own chef in their own (semi-professional) kitchen at their inspiring office in the heart of Amsterdam.
Extreme Cashmere has grown into a $10 million+ company, available in 300+ stores in 34 countries. They recently opened their first store in St Moritz in August 2023, together with a franchise partner. For the near future they have an ambitious international growth strategy ahead.
As a fast-growing, high fashion scale-up, it's Extreme Cashmere’s goal to become a global leading high end cashmere brand. They have the ambition to expand their unique, sustainable and high quality product to reach more clients, in more countries, through the right channels. With an impressive revenue growth, lots of entrepreneurial energy and no shortage of plans for further growth, Extreme Cashmere is now looking for a Finance Director who will strengthen the backbone of Extreme Cashmere’s next growth phase.
The job profile
In this position, you report into the CEO and founder Saskia Dijkstra and will take responsibility for finance (incl. pricing and margins), logistics, IT, HR administration and legal together with a small team of 4 colleagues. You will review and optimize key financial and operational processes with the goal to create a strong, scalable and value-adding backbone. Besides that, you know how to unlock valuable data and to automate and optimize processes and have knowledge of supply chain and returning processes.
As Finance Director, you have the full finance responsibility, including making sure the (statutory) accounting, fiscal and compliance aspect are dealt with. Besides that, you work closely with the business in determining the key drivers for the business and establishing, tracking and advising on financial, operational and commercial KPI’s. You create robust, in-depth management reporting dashboards, which will provide true insights in business performance, opportunities and risks. Furthermore, you think strategically along with the organisation and translate this in an actionable plan.
“Extreme Cashmere - creating and producing long lasting garments containing classic styles that surprise with colour and a keen attention to detail. No limits, no concessions.”
The ideal candidate
- MSc. degree in Finance and/or Economics;
- At least 8-10 years of work experience in Finance (fashion, retail, e-commerce and/or scale-up experience is a plus);
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Tech savvy: You have a passion for optimizing and making improvements and look pro-active for tools and developments that make the job more efficient easier, faster and even more fun;
- Proactive, have a hands-on mentality and do not hesitate to take ownership;
- You are a real business challenger;
- Inquisitive: you dare to ask difficult questions and will continue asking questions where others stop;
- Quick thinking: you identify issues and come armed with a solution;
- Capable mind: intellectual horsepower to learn on the go;
- You have the capacity and ambition to lead the finance & operations team;
- Above all: a great colleague, warm personality, no ego issues, honest, committed, result focused, a team player who wants to achieve the best results together.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Jesca.