Schenk Tank Transport has over 95 years of experience as specialized international tank transport company. The company is active in logistics services of industrial gasses, LNG, chemicals, fuels, lubricants, LPG, bitumen and liquid food products. Its strong focus on quality, safety and efficiency has allowed Schenk to build strong relationships with key players in these segments and has grown to become the market leader in the Benelux. Schenk is a financially stable company that has experienced strong growth over the past 30 years under the leadership of Harry and Arjan Schenk, also driven by the successful expansion into new product segments such as industrial gasses and LNG. With activities in the Benelux and Germany, Schenk is active in the main European industrial regions for tank transport and intermodal transport with a leading position in the main ports of Europe.
Schenk has grown to an organization employing more than 1.600 employees and generating over €200m in revenues. Out of its offices in The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany, the company manages a dense network of last-mile connections serviced by a large fleet of 900 modern trucks and tank trailers, on top of providing intermodal services out of its Netherlands offices with its fleet of tank containers. Efficiency and outstanding quality has always been at the heart of Schenk’s services which has resulted in long-term customer relationships in all of its product segments.
In August 2021 Argos Wityu, a pan-European private equity fund, has reached an agreement with Harry and Arjan Schenk to acquire a majority stake in the company. Via this investment, Argos will help the Schenk brothers to realize a stable shareholder and management transition for the company. With this step, Schenk is ready for a next phase of growth and this is why the company is looking to bring on board a dynamic and commercially driven finance professional to be their new CFO.
“We are convinced that we found a strong partner in Argos Wityu to maintain our market leading position while continuing to shape the ongoing consolidation in the market. Both put us in a strong position for the current energy transition and associated investments. With the help of Argos, we also want to continue to invest in the sustainability of our fleet in the coming years and to continue to provide our customers with the service they are accustomed to. We are delighted to be able to take this new step in the history of our family business together with Argos Wityu, the management team and our employees.” Harry Schenk, Co-CEO and Shareholder.
The ideal candidate
- A Proven CFO or highly talented Head of Controlling / FP&A. Ideally, with a formal finance qualification (e.g. qualified accountant) and +15 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in a logistics environment, or an industry with similar dynamics, with operations at a multi-country level. People oriented and affinity to discuss and align with all departments of the organization with a Western/Central European focus;
- Experience with improving a multi-country finance organization. With a focus on optimizing the processes and reporting standards;
- Experience in high-capex businesses, in which a sizeable part of the business is generated by
- tenders and pre-agreed pricing levels. Having worked in industries where most of the client relationships are managed via long-term contracts with fixed prices and characterized by high upfront investments;
- Experience with working in family-owned companies. Having experience with private equity owned companies is a plus;
- Experience with structuring and managing data knowledge and mining processes. Own practical knowledge of data mining is a plus;
- Experience in M&A transactions. Exposure due diligence work would be plus;
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of German is a plus.
The job profile
Now Schenk Tank Transport is ready for its next phase of growth and therefore the company is looking to bring on board a dynamic and commercially driven CFO. He/she will be expected to provide leadership to the organization in the areas of business partnering, financial reporting, corporate financial management, data management and process improvement, while maintaining strong financial controls to ensure that the company has a successful equity story for the future.
The CFO will be responsible for performance tracking per business activity based on a carefully selected set of KPIs, forecasting, cost price calculation for tenders, capital allocation, working capital and cash management, overall cost optimization, capital expenditures, financing strategy and strategic M&A. The CFO is expected to take on a leading role when it comes to making better use of the large amount of data that is available in the company with the goal to improve internal processes within the organization.
As a hands-on senior finance professional, with affinity in communicating with all departments of a
logistics organization, the CFO will be the key player to internal and external stakeholders; be it Schenk employees, investors, auditors or bankers. The CFO will further need to possess the ability to work collaboratively with a dynamic team spread across multiple European countries and he must bring significant ambition and drive to improve the organization. He/she should be entrepreneurial, dynamic, commercially driven, excited by the opportunity and with experience in acquisitions to drive the buy-and-build strategy.
Heb je interesse?
Wil je meer weten over de functie of het uitgebreide functieprofiel ontvangen neem dan contact op met Marjolein.