Our client is a private equity funded, globally operating IT/SaaS scale up and belongs to one of the frontrunners in the market. The company is a carve out of a larger organisation and aims to grow further by expanding upon it’s current client base and via an active buy and build strategy. Currently the company has offices in The Netherlands, the US and India. The company breathes entrepreneurship, energy, pragmatism a strong “can do, will do” atmosphere. Professionalism and creativity in close harmony with the ambition in challenging the existing order.
The current leadership team is a young group with a strong can do attitude. People show eagerness and high energy and the team is multicultural and diverse. The new CFO will bring more seniority and strategic brainpower and can help the organisation make fit for purpose.
To further strengthen the finance organisation and to boost the impact of finance to the business we are looking for a people and result oriented CFO. The CFO is a critical member of the leadership team (MT) and will work closely with this MT to manage the growing organization. Ideal candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong operational background that can combine high level strategy with a clear and concise ability to plan, execute and deliver on the strategy. A well-balanced personality with drive, energy and sense of humor. The CFO is a committed professional who will bring a demonstrable track record of financial and strategic success, showing very concisely how that success was achieved and what role they played in achieving that success. We are looking for someone who works well with others at all levels both inside and outside the company.
Representing a vital part of the leadership team the CFO will facilitate further growth while enhancing financial stewardship, transparency, compliance and performance. Besides strong analytical and technical finance skills, the ideal candidate is change driven and shares the belief that the employees make the success of the company. The CFO will report into the CEO and will have a strong working relationship with the Private Equity firm.
Core tasks & responsibilities
• Responsible for financial strategy & reporting, compliance, treasury, external relationships, legal and IT;
• People person and strong managing skills (current team of ~5 FTE);
• Participate in strategic decisions enabling the company to consistently achieve revenue and EBITDA growth targets;
• Review budget and expenses; make recommendations to maximize revenues, minimize costs and increase ROI;
• Strong focus on risk management & implement processes and procedures to improve.
Strategy and M&A
• Get actively involved in company strategy, together with CEO, and the rest of the leadership team;
• Take the lead developing a multi-year business plan;
• Actively lead/support the strategic planning process and provide analysis to support strategic objectives;
• Strategic target mapping. Due Diligence, Full M&A processes including post-merger integration of new acquired companies when occurring;
• Decide on investment / portfolio strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks;
Business Control, & Data Insights
• Provide analyses into financial and commercial performance; deliver complex information in a form that is actionable, allows the management team to make more informed decisions based on data that is real time, insightful and identifies key business indicators and trends;
• Provide insights into business performance, comparing real-world figures to targets and strategy. Focus on bringing BI, data insights and processes to support next growth phase (Scale-Up);
• Coordinate and optimize all forecasts, integrating budget and long-term planning processes.
Financial Control, Accounting & Cash management
• Ensure the accuracy, digitalization, and appropriate structure of all financial accounting processes (GL, AP/AR management);
• Responsible for the preparation of annual statements;
• Maintain internal financial safeguards and coordinate all audit activities;
• Interaction with external auditor(s);
• Control and evaluate the organization’s capital structure;
• Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations.
• Lead one Internal IT Manager;
• Building the backbone; Business Process & Applications (BP&A), responsible for and ensuring efficient and future proof group IT processes and systems;
• Maintain relationships with tax authorities;
• Execute tax rulings and special agreements;
• Take responsibility for VAT, corporation tax and payroll tax.
• Create and manage contracting, deal making and partnerships;
• Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies;
• Perform corporate housekeeping regarding Chamber of Commerce matters, bank relations, and contract management.
• Frequent contact and good relationship management with all stakeholders (tax authorities, legal, external auditors);
• Open and flexible to ad-hoc demands from shareholders, maintaining a transparent relationship with the closely involved shareholders.
Ideal candidate profile
We are looking for a focused and passionate CFO. You are an authentic and outgoing professional and you get energized by being part of a team. You keep the lead but move forward together with your colleagues in this international and multicultural environment.
• Strong experience in an international high growth environment, ideally experience within an international and multicultural environment. Track record of having grown an enterprise where software is a core element of the business model;
• Extensive experience in an end responsible/business oriented finance role;
• Experience within the software / IT sector is considered a strong plus. Solid software revenue recognition understanding;
• Varied experience over the last 10 years working at different sizes of companies both smaller private IT/software companies as well as senior roles in Private Equity owned / scale-up environments;
• Completed Master’s degree in Economics/Business Administration or related education. A post master (RA/RC) is considered to be a plus;
• Successful track record in change and improvement processes;
• Significant experience with financial analysis, modeling and business development;
• Affinity with Scaling-Up methodology is a plus;
• Fluent in English.
• Performance driver of the company at all levels. Stimulating and driving teams to enhance performance of the company;
• Entrepreneurial, curious, energetic personality;
• Adaptive to growing business models
• Proactive personality with a high energy level;
• A strong communicative team leader;
• Balanced and structured personality;
• Independent thinker, strong personality;
• Decisive and goal oriented team player;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Organizational agility, especially in an informal company culture.
Competitive + Equity