Our client is based near Apeldoorn and is a leading global supplier in the packaging industry. It has a niche position in a diverse range of end markets. The organization has a diversified, long-lasting and loyal base of mostly international customers. Overall, the majority of its top customers have been working with them for over 20 years. The company generates a turnover of over €100 mio with 300 employees and has a clear growth objective where innovation of the products and processes is essential. It operates as a fully independent portfolio company of a Private Equity firn with its own Supervisory Board.
The company has identified a need to appoint a driven and versatile CFO. Reporting directly to the CEO and the Supervisory Board. The CFO will have responsibility for all aspects of the financial performance of the company and he/she will be part of the management team. The CFO leads the Finance and Accounting team (4 FTE), Commercial Control and IT (4 FTE).
He/she is an active contributor in developing business strategy and (co) drives day-to-day business performance and business improvement programs. The fundamental responsibilities include all F&A and business control aspects of the business: financial reporting, budgeting, cashflow planning, cash management, business control & business intelligence.
Key objectives of the CFO include:
- Improvement of the financial department (both on team, processes and systems) towards a faster, more automated, KPI-based reporting;
- Drives margin improvement initiatives, closely working together with operations and commerce;
- Consistent cost reductions (both direct and indirect costs);
- Takes ownership of working capital and lead improvement initiatives;
- Acts as a business partner in developing (capex)projects and business cases.
- Long-term financial planning, budgeting & forecasting;
- Manage and coach of the Finance & IT team (In total 8 FTE);
- Responsible for optimizing the newly implemented financial planning & reporting tool LucaNet;
- Improve upon a strong planning and control cycle, specific areas:
- Performs calculations serving cost prices, projects, contracts, investments and recalculations (Capex/Opex decision making analysis);
- Pro-Actively contributes to information services for senior and operational management;
- Supply chain controlling: In co-operation with operations creating proposals for increasing efficiency and productivity, streamline operational processes (IT supported);
- Lower IT costs via minimizing bespoke work and advance to SAAS solution.
- Liaise/interact with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Supervisory Board, Private equity company, external auditors);
- Responsible for IT strategy (optional).
Ideal CFO candidate
You are a Senior Finance Professional and you have experience in an end responsible financial position in an operationally excellent manufacturing environment. You are a self-starting person who has impact based on expertise and a hands-on attitude leading to ‘every day’ improvement. You position yourself next to the CEO as (strategic) business partner .
Other capabilities we see as important:
- Completed Master’s degree in Economics/Business Administration or related education and/or post qualification (RA/RC);
- Independent thinker, sharp analytical mind, fact based challenger;
- Strong but not dominant personality with good communication skills;
- Team player and ability to be a strong coach;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.