This company works in a broad scope of maritime sectors. Their background is in shallow water projects, but in these four decades they have developed their skills to include a variety of tailor-made services for clients working throughout the maritime sector.
This family-owned business operates globally; supporting clients in two main areas. Firstly, Coastal Infrastructure, which comprises dredging, coastal defence, port and marine construction, and aquaculture. And secondly, Offshore Energy, which includes the Oil & Gas, and Offshore Wind industries as well as emerging renewable energy markets.
At the core of the company is a team of approximately 350 committed and reliable professionals and 35 ships to help clients with their needs.
This organization has onshore locations in Den Helder and Rotterdam and 2 business units, Workboats and Offshore Wind.
To improve and strengthen the business unit Offshore Wind we are now looking for a Business Unit Controller based in Rotterdam. He/she oversees the business and financial operations and shares responsibility for the organization’s economic and financial performance. The Business unit controller performs financial & business analysis, develops financial planning processes, and design and helps implement overall business improvements.
The business unit controller uses financial analysis and forecasting to design and oversee the execution of the business units budget and provide budget feedback. Following standard accounting procedures, the Business unit controller ensures that the budget is properly administered and follows legal guidelines. Furthermore responsible for (project) control and support management as a key member of the business unit.
In this position you work closely with the Management team of the business unit Offshore Wind and you will report into the Group CFO. You will play a key role in supporting the business (financial) goals.
The main task of the Business unit Controller is to support the business unit with their business decision making, by developing and improving management reports and providing valuable insights in actual results, trends, and forecast of key business performance drivers. The role combines analysing project results with designing and delivering accurate information in finished reports.
- Key member and business partner in the Business Unit Offshore Wind;
- Assists with long term plans and gives financial analysis and advice based on the actual results;
- Support managing board and financial department by ensuring course of actions are based on actual results, fact based and sound financial advice;
- Aids in achieving operational targets by developing insights based on thorough analysis and interpretation of (financial) data ;
- On a group level actively involved in the structure of datasets, data analytics ( BI tools) and implementation of dashboards for management reporting
- Analyses complex business topics e.g.: costs allocation, internal settlements and profitability;
- Optimizes financial department which include daily operations as well as procedures and frameworks;
- Creates / supports in making financial and or management reports (monthly, quarterly and yearly);
- Is a linking pin between all departments and assists in coordinating planning and control cycle together with the controller of the Workboat business unit and the Accounting Manager. Discusses progress and obstacles / choke points with all stakeholders and Group CFO;
- Work closely with Commercial, Technical and Operations departments and provides feedback regarding the projects;
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
- Academic degree in business economics (preferably in combination with post-graduate degree RC or RA/ ACCA);
- At least 6+ years of progressive experience in Business Finance positions.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written and excellent command of Dutch and English, German is an asset;
- A business professional, comfortable in dealing with and influencing senior decision makers;
- The ability to be a trusted advisor to senior management on financial issues and also in related commercial, strategic and organizational matters;
- Strong excel and MS office skills, experience with BI tools ( Power BI) is a strong plus;
- A ‘hands on’ work style, comfortable with the detail, and able to move seamlessly between tactical and strategic issues as required;
- Ability to operate at senior level (internal and external) and build sustainable relations and network;
- Strong ambition to grow and learn personally and professionally;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Confident, enthusiastic and a team player;
- Accurate, “into detail” want to know your numbers;
- An energetic, “can do” approach;
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- Change driven, entrepreneurial spirit;
- High degree of integrity and honesty;
- A collaborative approach to building relationships, making decisions etc.;
- A flexible attitude to work.