For a global leader in the retail business that delivers high quality products to customers around the world, we are currently looking for a Manager Internal Audit. They create products that are offered through leading retail banners, which operate in more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia.
The Manager Internal Audit leads the Internal Audit department with one Internal Auditor as a direct report and will be responsible for the audits globally. The internal audit function is co-sourced with an external risk advisory partner and, in addition, resources from operating companies are used in each audit on an ad-hoc basis.
Reports to: the Manager Internal Audit reports to the Group Controller. Direct reports: 1 direct report.
Main purpose of the role
The Internal Audit function is co-sourced. They are functionally responsible for the internal audit function and are appointed by a committee. In this role the Manager Internal Audit manages the process of the internal audits worldwide in close cooperation with this company. You’ll be liaising with stakeholders from varying seniority across the business. The most important stakeholders and business partners will be the CFO, the audit committee and the supervisory board.
• actively participates in discussions on the audit approach, the audit plan and scope;
• coordinates the execution of the annual audit plan and controls the internal audit budget;
• plans the resources that will participate on an ad-hoc basis in the audits;
• The manager participates in the fieldwork of most of the audits, contributes to the reports and the closing meetings;
• Next to managing the internal audit process, the Manager Internal Audit also actively contributes in advising the business on improvements in internal controls;
• is the owner of the Minimum Control Standards;
• plays an active leading role in developing the internal audit community worldwide;
• will contribute to key projects (for example related to IT).
Key performance indicators
• Execution of the approved annual internal audit plan in full and within budget;
• Achieving continuous improvement in the audit approach, scope and tools used;
• Up to date Minimum Control Standards.
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
Required qualifications/level of education
University master degree in business administration, finance or accounting.
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
• Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience. High level of energy and ambition to realise a positive impact;
• Positive, customer first, can do attitude;
• High level of integrity and interpersonal effectiveness, being able to manage senior stakeholders;
Flexible, high level of travel (50% of time) is required.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
• 7-10 years working experience at management level;
• Relevant experience in finance, especially related to financial reporting, internal controls and operating processes;
• Strong knowledge of English (written & spoken), multiple languages preferred.
Future potential/ learning agility/ growth opportunities
High degree of learning in this role which can form an excellent basis for further development into more senior finance roles.