For a leading global supplier of systems and components for the automotive industry we are currently looking for a versatile, internationally oriented Manager Accounting.
The organisation employs more than 30,000 people globally and operates in 20 countries around the world. They are headquartered in the USA. Their location in the Netherlands is in Amstelveen. In Europe, the organisation generates a revenue of exceeding $1 Billion in 2016 and has multiple sites in 11 countries.
The organisation continues to drive value through successful relationships with the customers, the world-class operations across their expanding global footprint and their commitment to innovation within the entire business.
In this position you will be responsible for all accounting related activities for the three Dutch companies. You will be working closely with Tax, Treasury and Accounting teams in the Netherlands, US and Mexico, as well as with Mexican controllers in managing and reporting activities.
This position is responsible for serving as a liaison between Mexico and the corporate accounting department with their accounting requirements. Work will also include assistance on tax reporting and transfer pricing documentation, as well as cash management activities. You report to the Head of Global Business Services / Senior Finance Director Europe who is based in Poland. This position is located in Amstelveen.
In this position you will independently focus on (further) professionalising the accounting and reporting procedures. At the same time, you know exactly what is going on within the various entities and you coordinate this information to the various stakeholders. You will be mostly in contact with Finance staff & operations, as well as various management levels within the divisions and Corporate.
In short, in this position you contribute internationally to the professionalization of the finance function.
- Prepare and review monthly P/L and B/S statements for US GAAP;
- Perform monthly bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts reconciliations;
- Prepare accounting entries to convert US GAAP to local Dutch GAAP, and prepare all Dutch Statutory annual filings;
- Calculate income allocation consistent with Dutch Tax ruling;
- Review monthly Maquiladora (Mexican – Dutch) fee calculations;
- Provide accounting oversight for all Dutch legal entities;
- Assist NA corporate and divisional staff with regard to Mexican tax and Treasury issues;
- Work with Treasury on cash management for Dutch legal entities;
- Prepare annual intercompany transfer pricing documentation;
- Interface with the external/internal auditors for areas of responsibility;
- Other projects and analysis as assigned.
- University degree (Bachelor, Master) in Accounting or Finance or any comparable quantitative field;
- 7-10 years of professional accounting experience required;
- Experience with a manufacturing company preferred;
- Must be familiar with US GAAP and SOX regulations;
- Experience in Microsoft applications;
- Fluent in Spanish, English and Dutch;
- Familiar with budgeting and forecasting;
- Solid ability to positively interact with many levels within the organization.
- Managerial skills to plan, organize, lead and control accounting functions for Netherlands companies;
- Effective communication skills;
- Exercising good judgment as to when to raise red flags versus when to lead independently;
- Proactively identifying key issues and elevate in timely and appropriate manner, if needed;
- Ability to determine when information should be investigated further versus taking for face value;
- Ability to see common elements / root causes and develop consistent solution and/or make adjustments on a global basis;
- Able to work rather independently;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Comfortable within an international environment;
- Advanced analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Process oriented and proactive;
- Highly self-motivated and directed.