Our client is a fast growing, globally operating commodity trader. The company has a vibrant and young atmosphere and employs a wide arrange of different cultures and backgrounds. With an average age of approximately 30, the company breathes a start-up culture in a professional, very ambitious environment. The HQ in Amsterdam is located in a state of the art office where there is a lot of attention for the combination pleasure and work.
Head of Finance Europe
We are looking to hire a Head of Finance Europe who is able to foster the growth of the company by transforming the organization to a highly end to end automated process driven company. The right candidate will work in a very ambitious and rapidly growing setting where new ideas and well thought solutions will be embraced in the challenge to be future proof.
As the Head of Finance Europe you are responsible for the Amsterdam based finance & operations team. In this role you will be the finance lead for the European business on all financial planning & analysis, performance measurement, management reporting, operations, accounting, risk management, compliance and cash management processes and activities. Furthermore you manage and motivate your team to increase professional levels of service and performance. As Head of Finance Europe you will report directly to the CFO.
Ideal profile for the Head of Finance Europe
- At least a Master’s Degree in Finance (preferably Post Master);
- A minimum of 10 years working experience of which at least 3 in a managerial position;
- Experience with roll out of ERP-systems is a must; experience with FX is a big plus;
- Experience in an international, multicultural company; Experience in a trading setting is a must;
- Fluent in English;
- As a Head of Finance you are hands on, ambitious and stress resistant;
- You are also focused on quality and have a clear vision;
- Furthermore you possess leadership and planning and organizing skills.
- Commercially aware, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, ability to contribute to a wide range of business initiatives – market and customer focused.
- Energetic, pro-active and determined, a team player with the authority to establish and provide effective leadership at Management team- and at operational management level.
- Organizational awareness. Powerful but diplomatic communicator and skilled relationship builder, strong but subtle influencing style, ability to provide leadership across functional business teams and different cultures, influence key players, gain trust and break down barriers.
- Ability to operate at all levels, independent and decisive, prepared to get involved, gets on with the job and makes things happen; is a prime mover, critical but constructive, open minded and positive attitude. Takes responsibility and be accountable.
- Strategic outlook, conceptual thinking, innovative and creative in finding solutions to complex issues, combines a hands-on, pragmatic approach to the business with a strong desire to deliver measurable results.
- International orientation, quick to understand, adapt and learn, good communicator, sensitive to cultural differences across the businesses and nationalities.