Our client is a large international company within the logistics sector. They have a 2 hub structure (US and the Netherlands), with the office in the Amsterdam region is becoming the home to a number of key global financial roles. Because of internal development and growth of the company, the position of Group Financial Controller is being added to the Group Control team at the Schiphol office.
In this role you will report to the Head of Group Financial Reports & Accounts.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Together with global group controller, responsible for Reporting & Consolidation of the Global group’s results (PL/BS/CF):
- Prepare and assist in the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation of the group results, including development, preparation and review of supporting reporting forms and consolidation adjustments to ensure external and internal financial statements are properly stated;
- Coordinate the reporting activities of the regions finalized to the preparation of the consolidated Financial Statements;
- Help to develop and maintain all key controls and the collection and documentation of the underlying processes and procedures to prepare formal Closing Binders for the Companies Support the process to produce annual and interim consolidated accounts for the companies under US GAAP;
- Assist in the preparation of review / commentary including variance analysis reports to the management team and the group financial team;
- Play an important role in the preparation and review of the consolidated external financial statements and related reporting (quarterly, annually);
Follow up Internal Control cycles / procedures, audits:
- Set up internal control procedures and follow up internal control cycle;
- Take care of maintaining the appropriate internal control level by performing audits.
Engage in “onboarding” and post-acquisition financial reporting integration of acquired companies:
- Process of the mapping of the local GL to group GL’s of the acquired companies;
- Help define the differences between local GAAP and USGAAP;
- Set up post acquisition opening balance sheet on US GAAP with bridge to local GAAP;
- Lead process of implementing group reporting including the consolidation system ORACLE;
- Maintain accounting system for new general ledger accounts and legal entities.
Other projects and duties as assigned:
- Support the global companies with updates to the accounting policies and procedures including securing compliance to changes in USGAAP;
- Execute ad-hoc analysis.
- Participate in development consolidation and reporting tool (Oracle FCCS) together with application managers.
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
Education and experience:
- Typically requires appr. 8-10 years of relevant experience;
- Exposure in an international environment;
- Masters’ Degree in Finance; preferably supplemented with RA/ACCA qualification
- Auditor background – preferred;
- Knowledge of US GAAP – highly preferred;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Financial reporting;
- Knowledge of ORACLE/Hyperion or a similar reporting/consolidation tool required (e.g. SAP BPC).
Skills and abilities:
- An acknowledged team player, proactive approach;
- Mature; individual with significant personal presence and credibility;
- No 9 – 5 mentality;
- Able to work in a very dynamic environment;
- Analytical, confident individual, flexible thinker with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong communicator in English, both orally (Informally and in formal presentations) and in writing;
- Thorough knowledge of relevant corporate and government regulations and standards;
- A sound level of knowledge in financial accounting and reporting of the controllership function and auditing and financial systems;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a global Finance team.