For a major supplier in the European food industry we are currently recruiting a Finance Director Netherlands. In this position you report directly to the Country Director and dotted to the Group Finance Director in France. In this position you will operate as a true Finance generalist and business partner for the Dutch entity. The Dutch entity consist of two plants.
The Finance Director is a member of Dutch Management Team and leads the Finance department (5 direct reports) of the Dutch business. The role consists of Financial Accounting as well as Business Controlling. The Finance Director must both be able to think and act at as a business partner whilst being hands-on for the flawless execution of his/hers own tasks and the Finance team.
Responsibilities for the Finance Director:
- You ensure relevant business controlling in order to steer the profitability of the Dutch entity and the Group;
- You consolidate & analyse all cost accounting and financial procedures together with other statistical and routine reports including any desirable analyses of monthly departmental reports;
- You propose policies for the establishment and maintenance of inventory levels for supplies, raw materials, packaging materials and in process and/or finished goods;
- You are responsible for the preparation of income and balance sheet statements, consolidated and various other accounting statements and reports;
- You analyse financial reports, review and verify the accuracy of journal vouchers, payroll records, sales and purchase ledgers, etc;
- You consolidate and supervise the monthly reporting for the Group;
- You lead the budget process within the Country and you are the link with all the departments;
- You are responsible for the implementation in your country of Finance Group projects (such as Intercompany projects, new IFRS rules);
- As a member of the Country Management Team, you act as a business partner with your colleagues and you actively contribute to the ambitious performance of the Group;
- You act as the company representative in contacts with banks, external auditors, tax authorities, Chamber of Commerce, etc;
- You establish a mindset of continuous improvement within the Finance Team, both for processes and procedures as well as for communication with other functions;
- You lead your Finance team of 5 direct reports, ensuring the expected performance of the Finance function and plan for continuous development of individuals within the Finance team.
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
- At least a Master’s Degree in Finance (preferably Post Master);
- A minimum of 10 - 12 years relevant working experience;
- Experience in an international, multicultural company;
- Management Team experience in an industrial environment (manufacturing, supply chain) as Plant or Business Controller, experience in the food business is an advantage;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English, French is an advantage;
- As Finance Director you have a high energy, hands-on and a get the job done attitude!
- Pro-active self-starter; Proven experience to consistently deliver results in a fast-pace and demanding environment.
- Your IT skills are solid: Microsoft applications, ERP-systems, etc.