For our client, a FTSE 100 multinational industrial organisation located in the Schiphol area we are currently looking for a Financial Controller a.i.
The business of our client started in 1940 in London. Today the organisation operates across 37 countries worldwide and employ more than 27,000 people. For the fiscal year 2016/17 they had a revenue of £4,781m.
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER A.I.
In this position you will be reporting to the Finance Director located in the Netherlands. You will be responsible to further develop, professionalize and align all financial processes, next to being responsible for managing and further developing the reporting cycle for certain key topics, such as working capital and fixed costs.
We are looking for an ambitious, business minded financial who is eager, analytical and used to operating in a fast paced environment. The organisation offers a very steep learning curve and multiple opportunities to grow within the company.
- Prepare reporting pack, after review and understanding movements in the General Ledger accounts;
- Deliver analysis on external working capital for the Group, working with and supporting Treasury, external business partners, the Financial Shared Service Center and Buyers as required;
- Assist in the review of Unjustified Cash Discount Claims;
- Monitor and authorise payment runs, credit requests and vendor payment issues;
- Ensure adherence to intercompany payment terms and relevant Group Treasury guidelines on funding and cash management;
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly budget cost realisation report to line managers;
- Manage the service received and work with the Financial Shared Service Centre (FSSC) to develop and improve efficiency and effectiveness of financial and accounting processes provided.
Forecast Process and Control:
- Review fixed cost and balance sheet forecasting, ensuring the consistent application of assumptions.
- Prepare for treasury monthly non-functional currency exposure spreadsheet;
- Prepare risk assessment presentation slide for Management Meeting;
- Ensure (effective) hedge accounting and compliance with IFRS.
Governance & Control:
- Monitor and improve the financial governance, control and procedures within the Division;
- Ensure that all appropriate processes and procedures are prepared and maintained to ensure compliance with both external and internal Tax, Legal & Group governance and control requirements;
- Responsible for positive outcomes of internal and external audits;
- Manage the process of master data additions and changes, for people, vendors and customers;
- Contract management and compliance with mandates;
- Risk assessment and analysis.
IDEAL PROFILE FOR THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER A.I.
You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Education and certifications
- Qualified Accountant, RA or CPA.
Skills and Character
- As a member of the Finance team the successful candidate is prepared to roll up their sleeves and has a “get it done” attitude;
- Strong Excel & SAP skills. PowerPoint and HFM (Hyperion) skills also an advantage;
- Good analytical skills;
- Experience of engaging, influencing and managing across functions and levels;
- Ambitious and experienced in driving improvements.
- Ideally 8 years+ IFRS Financial reporting experience;
- Advantageous to have worked with shared service centres or finance teams across multiple sites and countries or experience working for an audit firm and/or blue chip company;
- Knowledge of systems for reporting and analysis;
- Corporate governance & risk management, adherence to controls, policies & procedures;
- Exposure to Corporate planning cycles (Long-term plans -> Budgets -> Forecasts -> Actual Results);
- Fluent in English, knowledge of an additional language is an advantage.