Our client is a company that replaces non-sustainable resources by resources that are sustainable and less harmful to the planet and us. The company consists of a group of companies in both the UK and The Netherlands (headquarters). All companies work closely together and have their own ambitious budgets and plans to maximize their added value to the group. For this energy innovation company we are currently looking for a Business Controller.
Due to recent and anticipated growth of the organisations activities there is a need to further strengthen the finance department with a Business Controller. Within a small team he or she will be responsible to maintain and further develop the connection between finance and the business within all entities. An important objective is to further build towards an organization which is optimized for (future) business objectives from a financial, IT, legal and tax point of view. Therefore many initiatives are being addressed simultaneously for which we are looking for a colleague with a firm and broad financial basis which is able to truly understand the business dynamics and to translate that into the right structures in the above mentioned areas. In this newly created role he or she will work in close cooperation with the financial controller and various business partners. The business controller will report to the CFO.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Interpret financial reports by understanding the “story behind the figures” and setting this off against what is actually happening;
- Update forecasts, develop and report on management steering information;
- Update and further develop valuation models;
- Set up project (business) control for international CAPEX projects, including tax and legal structures;
- Strongly support the yearly budgeting process and strategy review;
- Business partner to the CFO.
Profiel geschikte kandidaat
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related education;
- Approximately 6 – 8 years relevant experience in an business control position;
- Good social skills and a team player, especially in an informal company culture;
- International experience in a project-environment;
- Successful in (simultaneously) dealing with a broad range of topics closely related to finance and the business;
- PC proficiency is essential, especially a proven track-record in MS Excel valuation modelling;
- Flexible, pro-active and result-driven;
- Excellent spoken and written skills of English language (other languages are an asset, especially Dutch).